Rage Against the Machine for SW 2013 Anyone?

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Brownidge's picture
Rage Against the Machine for SW 2013 Anyone?

RATM are my favorite band of all time but i am sad to say i have never experienced them live, this years SW crossed 4 bands off my Live concert bucket list (A day to remember, Limp Bizkit, Marilyn Manson and Slipknot) but my number 1 on the buvket list is RATM by a lonnngggg way.
Who else is keen for them??

Kollaps's picture

Please, no more mainstream hacks from the 90's....

jlangley's picture

Bring some of the older bands over, like Venom, Bathory, Mayhem, Deicide, Suffocation, bands like that Laughing out loud

Jonathon's picture

What the...Rage Against the Machine are NOT hacks.

Rage2maiden's picture

Mainstream hacks? ahahah whatever mate.

anyways..

Hell yeah! Get RATM to headline, completely agree with you man. they would be freakin awesome. Definetly number 1 band i wanna see.

sos12's picture

Kollaps wrote:

You sir, are an imbecile.

Definitely love to see them come over and I dare say they are a strong chance to be on Soundwave if they do. Would certainly be a massive get for AJ if he did bring them to Aus.

Some of my best mates are anonymous people on internet forums...

unicorn712's picture

Yeah they had a few good songs,

but are they still together as a band? When was their last album?

Rage2maiden's picture

last proper abum '99 covers album in 2000, then broke up for around 8 years, and now yeah they still play shows once and a while, they would be crazy awesome at soundwave.
Imagine the pit for 'killing in the name', would be epic

Oflick's picture

Kollaps wrote:

Yeah, Rage Against the Machine were just so unoriginal.

In all seriousness though, I'd watch them, but I wouldn't be fussed if I missed them.

fisty scent's picture

I have never seen them...so I probably would see them...

But you will upset the hipster kitties.....THEY ARE TOO MAINSTREAM!!!!

I was hoping to see where it all started....

BLACK SABBATH

jlangley's picture

Sadly, none of the older bands seem to come here, despite likely having the funds to. The last ones I know of were Iron Maiden last Soundwave.

Jonathon's picture

I just laugh at the "hack" claim, hahahaha. They were like the most original band in the 90's and early 2000's and shit...even now! Limp Bizkit, who I actually like..all they did was mesh together 1989 era of Faith No More and Rage Against the Machine. The rapping style of Patton along with anger of Zack De La Rocha, and there you have it, Limp Bizkit. They've influenced plenty of bands, I'm sure of it, sir.

jlangley's picture

I don't know, RAtM never really caught on for me, I listen to them when someone is playing them, but, personally, I wouldn't buy a CD or go to a concert.

Luke___Perry's picture

They were just here a few years ago.... They shouldn't come back unless they release some new material

Regards,
Luke Perry
xxx

Marlo666's picture

I'd love to cross them off of my bucket list, and a festival setting is preferable as I probably wouldn't pay to see them solo.
I'd love to see them here next year, but if not, no biggie

revolution-'s picture

Rage against the machine would be awesome. one of my favourite bands. They came back in 08, so that would make it 5 years... Give it a shot AJ!

Rage2maiden's picture

revolution- wrote:

Rage against the machine would be awesome. one of my favourite bands. They came back in 08, so that would make it 5 years... Give it a shot AJ!

Yeah exactly 5 years is long enough! and heaps missed out last time, including me haha
go for it! Laughing out loud

jordan000085's picture

jlangley wrote:

Bring some of the older bands over, like Venom, Bathory, Mayhem, Deicide, Suffocation, bands like that Laughing out loud

Best of luck with that.

I want to be the bourgeoisie, but I don’t have blue blood in my veins

Aliago's picture

jordan000085 wrote:

jlangley wrote:

Best of luck with that.

I could get behind a Quorthon resurrection and play 'The Return...' in full.

kimbie wrote:

the Aliago dude goes alright ay.

mm-hmm's picture

Does anyone remember when someone asked AJ if RATM were headlining SW12 and he responded with "Let's not talk about booke those guys...."

SWRev 2nd headliner perhaps Tongue

Upcoming Gigs: Tonight Alive @ Rolling Stone Live Lodge 4/9, Tonight Alive @ Hi-Fi 5/9, Anberlin, The Maine, William Beckett @ The Hi-fi 7/9, Wolumes @ Bald Faced Stag 14/9, Parkway Drive @ Roundhouse 24th/25th/9, Rolo Tomassi 4th/5th/10 Bring Me The Horizon @ Hordern Pavilion 6/10, Every Time I Die @ Manning Bar 19/10, Fall Out Boy @ Syd Entertainment Centre 25/10, Yellowcard @ Enmore Theatre 26/10, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus @ Glasshouse 14/11, Harvest, Neck Deep @ Annandale 23/11, City & Colour 24th/25th/26th/11, Warped Tour, Muse @ Allphones Arena 13/12, Paramore @ Allphones 11/1, Big Day Out, Soundwave

Soundwave 2014: Green Day, Stone Temple Pilots, AFI, Korn, Alterbridge, Trivium, Biffy Clyro, August Burns Red, Living Colour, Letlive, Gwar, Finch, Bowling For Soup, Skindred, TesseracT, The Story So Far, Our Last Night, Your Demise, Heaven's Basement, Real Friends

x_michelle's picture

Would be keen on this. Would like At The Drive-In and/or Refused as well, but would much prefer if At The Drive-In wern't on the mainstage, and closed a smaller stage.

michelle 20/f/adelaide Twitter | Lastfm
SW2013: The Blackout, Deaf Havana, Polar Bear Club, Crossfaith, Memphis May Fire, Cancer Bats, The Chariot, Gallows, Fucked Up, Sharks, Sleeping With Sirens, Billy Talent, While She Sleeps, This Is Hell, The Wonder Years, Such Gold, Cerebral Ballzy, Milestones, The Dear Hunter, Motion City Soundtrack, Pierce The Veil, Woe Is Me, Of Mice and Men, A Perfect Circle, Mindless Self Indulgence, Blink-182, Sick Of It All, Bring Me The Horizon
SW2014 Wishlist: FACT, Broadway, Flood of Red, Lower Than Atlantis, iwrestledabearonce, Brigade, Canterbury, Ice Nine Kills, Blitz Kids, Japanese Voyeurs (RIP), ISpyStrangers, Twin Atlantic, At The Drive-In, Brand New, Disco Ensemble, The Human Abstract, A Lot Like Birds, Our Last Night, United Nations, Vanna, Marmozets, Dead Swans, Foxfires, Foxy Shazam, Rolo Tomassi, North Korea, Melt-Banana

Kollaps's picture

I love how I mentioned that they are mainstream 90's hack.

Then a mass of people tell me how they are not mainstream.

As much as I love Soundwave, 80% of festival goers were catching Limp Bizkit this year which shocked me so - I guess I'll just keep quiet in order to not upset all you Fred Durst-ers...

Oflick's picture

A mass of people told you they're not hacks, not that they're not mainstream.

smitter's picture

saw rage against the machine at big day out and they were so fing fantastic they are my favourite band along with acdc would definatly see them again such a great powerfull voice from zach along with tom morellos awesome guitar work ratm far from boring

Lee smith

a8eoi's picture

jlangley wrote:

This! Mayhem and Deicide would be good, providing Deicide don't postpone or cancel again.

sos12's picture

Kollaps wrote:

I love how I mentioned that they are mainstream 90's hack.

Then a mass of people tell me how they are not mainstream.

As much as I love Soundwave, 80% of festival goers were catching Limp Bizkit this year which shocked me so - I guess I'll just keep quiet in order to not upset all you Fred Durst-ers...

Just proved you're idiocy.

jlangley's picture

a8eoi wrote:

This! Mayhem and Deicide would be good, providing Deicide don't postpone or cancel again.

Have you heard their latest album? They have totally reworked their sound. I've heard people complaining, but personally, I love it. It's a move back to the old days of simple distortion and brutal vocals, instead of reliance of effects/synthed sounds.

barlow10's picture

no! just no!

Rage2maiden's picture

come on heaps of people had RATM on their list in the soundwave 2013 wishlist, voice your support in here too! haha Smile

a8eoi's picture

Also, I could see RATM being a chance but not as a headliner.

sos12's picture

a8eoi wrote:

Also, I could see RATM being a chance but not as a headliner.

Lol @ RATM not being a headliner.

Topic locked