Soundwave 2014

197 posts / 0 new
Last post
metallican's picture
Soundwave 2014

Personally I'm disappointed with Soundwave 2013 so I'm casting my eyes to February in two years time to see what Soundwave 2014 might bring!

What bands do you want to see in 2014 that didn't get on the bill for 2013?

For me it's: Alestorm, Epcia, Korn, Megadeth, Eluveitie, Ensiferum, Sonata Arctica, Soilwork, Dethklok, Tenacious D, Korpiklaani, Wintersun, Finntroll, Equilibrium, Waylander, Týr, Amon Amarth, Kalmah and Furor Gallico.

Oflick's picture

Chicken Suit Luke's picture

There's only a few bands I have on my must see list that I haven't already:

KISS
No Doubt
Bowling For Soup

Acceptance (inactive)
Midtown (inactive)
Farewell (inactive)

------------------------Luke. 20. Melb ----------------------------AMH Network
2013: Weezer (Blue album), Weezer (Pinkerton), Big Day Out, Blink 182/Vandals/Sharks, Paramore, Soundwave(x5), All Time Low/Polar Bear Club, Ed Sheeran, MSI/TBO/CB, Linkin Park/Stone Sour, TWY/SG/LWL/VTW, Fucked Up/Obrother/The Dear Hunter, KISS/Motley Crue, Future Music, Pushover, Fall Out Boy, Bruce Springsteen, Silverstein, The Kooks, Tegan & Sara, Masketta Fall, Built On Secrets/Sound of Seasons, SITG, AL4W(x2), Guttermouth, Cartel/Lydia, Being as an Ocean, Hit the Lights, Anberlin/The Maine/William Beckett, Rolo Tomassi/Totally Unicorn, BMTH/Crossfaith, Devin Townsend, Yellowcard (ocean avenue), Hits & Pits 2.0, Taylor Swift

x_michelle's picture

Possiblity of an all Japanese band stage has got me super excited for the possibility of FACT

other than that the main ones are: Flood of Red, Lower Than Atlantis, Blitz Kids, ISpyStrangers, Twin Atlantic, Marmozets

michelle 20/f/adelaide Twitter | Lastfm
SW2013: The Blackout, Deaf Havana, Polar Bear Club, Crossfaith, Memphis May Fire, Cancer Bats, The Chariot, Gallows, Fucked Up, Sharks, Sleeping With Sirens, Billy Talent, While She Sleeps, This Is Hell, The Wonder Years, Such Gold, Cerebral Ballzy, Milestones, The Dear Hunter, Motion City Soundtrack, Pierce The Veil, Woe Is Me, Of Mice and Men, A Perfect Circle, Mindless Self Indulgence, Blink-182, Sick Of It All, Bring Me The Horizon
SW2014 Wishlist: FACT, Broadway, Flood of Red, Lower Than Atlantis, iwrestledabearonce, Brigade, Canterbury, Ice Nine Kills, Blitz Kids, Japanese Voyeurs (RIP), ISpyStrangers, Twin Atlantic, At The Drive-In, Brand New, Disco Ensemble, The Human Abstract, A Lot Like Birds, Our Last Night, United Nations, Vanna, Marmozets, Dead Swans, Foxfires, Foxy Shazam, Rolo Tomassi, North Korea, Melt-Banana

dynamo's picture

Would like to see

Sirenia
Epica (Prefer headline tour)
Within Temptation
Edenbridge
Xandria
Katatonia
Orphaned Land
Kamelot
We Are The Ocean
There For Tomorrrow
LostAlone
Blitz Kids
Canterbury
Fit For Rivals
Bowling For Soup
Beady Eye
Travis
Kosheen
The Rasmus
Fair To Midland (Prefer headline tour)
Fact
Royal Republic
Bury Tomorrow (Prefer a tour with an Australian band)
Structures
Volumes
Heart Of A Coward
Obey The Brave
Destroy The Runner
Sent By Ravens
Icon For Hire
Awaken The Empire
Theory Of A Deadman
Spinshank
Holy Grail
Crashdiet
Reckless Love
Uncrowned
Under The Flood
Shihad
Die! Die! Die!

Australian Bands: Electric Mary, Dangerous!, Gyroscope, Karnivool, Bellusira, Nine Sons Of Dan, Hand Of Mercy

Upcoming Gigs: Soundwave, Iced Earth, Orphaned Land, Shorefest, The Almost, The One Man Show, Arctic Monkeys, Finntroll

SW14: Heaven's Basement, Bowling For Soup, Letlive, 10 Years, Green Day, Alice In Chains, In Hearts Wake, Mutemath, Panic! At The Disco, Filter

Nathan Explosion's picture

Tool
RATM
Nine Inch Nails
Devin Townsend Project
Mastodon
Dethklok

Mr. Snrub's picture

x_michelle wrote:

Possiblity of an all Japanese band stage has got me super excited for the possibility of FACT

other than that the main ones are: Flood of Red, Lower Than Atlantis, Blitz Kids, ISpyStrangers, Twin Atlantic, Marmozets

Add to this X Japan and Church of Misery.

High on Fire
Witchcraft
Electric Wizard
Indian
Candlemass
Grand Magus
Graveyard
Saint Vitus
3iob

jordan.2 three.married still

x_michelle's picture

Mr. Snrub wrote:

x_michelle wrote:

Add to this X Japan and Church of Misery.

High on Fire
Witchcraft
Electric Wizard
Indian
Candlemass
Grand Magus
Graveyard
Saint Vitus
3iob

Japanese stage could be FACT, X Japan, Church of Misery, Dir En Grey (headliner), Cleave, Melt-banana, Maximum the Hormone, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, Guitar Wolf

been thinking about this too much

michelle 20/f/adelaide Twitter | Lastfm
SW2013: The Blackout, Deaf Havana, Polar Bear Club, Crossfaith, Memphis May Fire, Cancer Bats, The Chariot, Gallows, Fucked Up, Sharks, Sleeping With Sirens, Billy Talent, While She Sleeps, This Is Hell, The Wonder Years, Such Gold, Cerebral Ballzy, Milestones, The Dear Hunter, Motion City Soundtrack, Pierce The Veil, Woe Is Me, Of Mice and Men, A Perfect Circle, Mindless Self Indulgence, Blink-182, Sick Of It All, Bring Me The Horizon
SW2014 Wishlist: FACT, Broadway, Flood of Red, Lower Than Atlantis, iwrestledabearonce, Brigade, Canterbury, Ice Nine Kills, Blitz Kids, Japanese Voyeurs (RIP), ISpyStrangers, Twin Atlantic, At The Drive-In, Brand New, Disco Ensemble, The Human Abstract, A Lot Like Birds, Our Last Night, United Nations, Vanna, Marmozets, Dead Swans, Foxfires, Foxy Shazam, Rolo Tomassi, North Korea, Melt-Banana

lj3376's picture

All I care about is AJ saying that Godsmack will be on SW14.
Hopefully this will eventuate, as he also said they'd be on SW13.
Fingers and toes crossed xx

Bleeder's picture

Jawbreaker reunion (dreaming)

Chicken Suit Luke's picture

Chicken Suit Luke wrote:

There's only a few bands I have on my must see list that I haven't already:

KISS
No Doubt
Bowling For Soup

Acceptance (inactive)
Midtown (inactive)
Farewell (inactive)

Well since KISS are touring in January now, and apparently Chugg may be bringing No Doubt down...

I'll add Twin Atlantic, Blitz Kids and Canterbury haha.

------------------------Luke. 20. Melb ----------------------------AMH Network
2013: Weezer (Blue album), Weezer (Pinkerton), Big Day Out, Blink 182/Vandals/Sharks, Paramore, Soundwave(x5), All Time Low/Polar Bear Club, Ed Sheeran, MSI/TBO/CB, Linkin Park/Stone Sour, TWY/SG/LWL/VTW, Fucked Up/Obrother/The Dear Hunter, KISS/Motley Crue, Future Music, Pushover, Fall Out Boy, Bruce Springsteen, Silverstein, The Kooks, Tegan & Sara, Masketta Fall, Built On Secrets/Sound of Seasons, SITG, AL4W(x2), Guttermouth, Cartel/Lydia, Being as an Ocean, Hit the Lights, Anberlin/The Maine/William Beckett, Rolo Tomassi/Totally Unicorn, BMTH/Crossfaith, Devin Townsend, Yellowcard (ocean avenue), Hits & Pits 2.0, Taylor Swift

jace44's picture

AJ tweeted to me that if he couldn't get sonic syndicate or scar symmetry to tour next year that he said either 1 or both of them will be on SW14 bill.

a speedingdrunk's picture

Motley Crue
Kiss
Dethklok
They are they the only bands on my wish list I haven't seen yet. But I will get to see Kiss and Motley Fucking Crue when they tour here early next year!! Woooooot!!

Slipknot 2012!!

InfinteSingularity's picture

Yeah this year's really overhyped. The whole "biggest lineup" tagline was banking entirely on Metallica and Slayer, two bands which have just gone stale.

Then there's Linkin Park, Blink 182, Paramore, BFMV, BMTH.....this is the best you can do?

APC are amazing, but that's it. Not worth $180 for a festival set.

Nathan Explosion wrote:

Tool
RATM
Nine Inch Nails
Devin Townsend Project
Mastodon
Dethklok

RATM and NIN are dead. Tool are a possibility with the prospect of a new album.

I'd love to see Tool, also Rammstein, and idk if Puscifer would play soundwave but them too.

Karnivool and KMFDM, although they would be kind of far fetched.

Oflick's picture

InfinteSingularity wrote:

Yeah this year's really overhyped. The whole "biggest lineup" tagline was banking entirely on Metallica and Slayer, two bands which have just gone stale. Then there's Linkin Park, Blink 182, Paramore, BFMV, BMTH.....this is the best you can do?

I doubt when they decided to say this was the biggest lineup, they were thinking "we've got Slayer! A band who only tours all the time!"

Personal opinion doesn't mean a lineup isn't big. I don't like U2, Beyonce, or Coldplay, but I wouldn't say Glastonbury 2011 didn't have a big lineup. Blink-182 haven't been here since 2005 so the hype for them is massive. Metallica are one of the biggest bands in the world, and the other bands you mentioned are big with the Soundwave audience.

Quote:

Nathan Explosion wrote:

Tool
RATM
Nine Inch Nails
Devin Townsend Project
Mastodon
Dethklok

RATM and NIN are dead. Tool are a possibility with the prospect of a new album.

I'd love to see Tool, also Rammstein, and idk if Puscifer would play soundwave but them too.

Karnivool and KMFDM, although they would be kind of far fetched.

KMFDM were apparently a possibility. And according to twitter, AJ like Karnivool as a band but hates them as people. So i agree with you on them being far fetched. KMFDM may be possible, though.

I'm inclined to agree with you that this lineup has been "overhyped", but objectively it clearly is a massive lineup.

rockdude90's picture

3 Days Grace and Shinedown are almost certainties

Oflick wrote:

Yeah this year's really overhyped. The whole "biggest lineup" tagline was banking entirely on Metallica and Slayer, two bands which have just gone stale. Then there's Linkin Park, Blink 182, Paramore, BFMV, BMTH.....this is the best you can do?

I doubt when they decided to say this was the biggest lineup, they were thinking "we've got Slayer! A band who only tours all the time!"

Personal opinion doesn't mean a lineup isn't big. I don't like U2, Beyonce, or Coldplay, but I wouldn't say Glastonbury 2011 didn't have a big lineup. Blink-182 haven't been here since 2005 so the hype for them is massive. Metallica are one of the biggest bands in the world, and the other bands you mentioned are big with the Soundwave audience.

Slayer AND Metallica. Two bands who have - in my opinion - overstayed their welcome. But aside from that, I don't understand the musical impact that LP, B182, PMore etc. have made on the SW crowd. They seem bland and uninteresting to me. Maybe that's just my taste, but I don't understand the justification of calling it "big". "Popular" would be a better word, given the musical trends of today.

Why the hype for Blink anyway? They aren't that amazing.

Quote:

KMFDM were apparently a possibility. And according to twitter, AJ like Karnivool as a band but hates them as people. So i agree with you on them being far fetched. KMFDM may be possible, though.

I'm inclined to agree with you that this lineup has been "overhyped", but objectively it clearly is a massive lineup.

Keen on KMFDM.

Definitely overhyped, by a long shot. I don't understand it.

MetalFan88's picture

Well thousands and Slayer and Metallica fans who keep buying tickets to their shows are inclined to disagree with you that they overstayed their welcome.

scrubbadog67's picture

Yeah the line up is so disappointing that tickets sold out in record time. Guess AJ & Co. have no clue as to what the public really wants..................

vanarchi's picture

Asking Alexandria would be nice Smile

BAG_OF_SHIT's picture

any chance of Bronski Beat?

MethvMouth's picture

Want to see, Yellowcard, Rammstein, Green Day, Simple Plan, Iron Maiden, Rise Against, Avenged Sevenfold, The Cure, Good Charlotte, Muse, Madina Lake, My Chemical Romance, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

MetalFan88 wrote:

Well thousands and Slayer and Metallica fans who keep buying tickets to their shows are inclined to disagree with you that they overstayed their welcome.

Perhaps. But they're Slayer and Metallica fans.

Rob64's picture

MetalFan88 wrote:

Lol. Well I will be enjoying both Metallica and APC at Soundwave.

------------------------------------------------------

bazbaz wrote:

AWESOME ROB IS AWESOME

kimbie wrote:

Metalhead13 wrote:

Metalheads and emos are two different things dickhead.

Quote:

Someone ordered a large waaah-mburger with a side of cries.

Dave Poodle's picture

MetalFan88 wrote:

Yes and there's a fuckin lot of them hence 'biggest lineup'. I would suggest Blink 192 Linkin Park, Paramore, Offsprring all in the one day would add to that. Can you tell me a fest in Australia that had a bigger lineup?
Just to clarify, I personally thought SW2010 had the best lineup but it didnt match this for biggest. That's why this was $20 more and sold out way quicker than last year.

Roberto's picture

I love Blink 192

Rage2maiden's picture

As i ask every year; Rage Against The Machine.

SkullHedFace's picture

Tool, GWAR, Electric Wizard, Primus, Melvins.

I'd probably cry.

justsomeclown's picture

ideally:

Rage Against The Machine
Green Day
Avenged Sevenfold
Cradle of Filth
Arch Enemy
Opeth

originalusername's picture

Since Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Eluveitie, Nightwish, Epica & Alestorm are/should all be touring here in 2013 I won't include them on my list so that leaves:

Devin Townsend Project
Opeth
Gojira
Dream Theater
Heaven Shall Burn
Testament
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Machine Head
Slash
Lamb of God
Megadeth
Ne Obliviscaris
Shinedown
Gyroscope
Arch Enemy
Insomnium
Amon Amarth
Chaos Divine
Sent by Ravens
3 Inches of Blood
Tool
Kataklysm
Iced Earth
Symphony X
Sonata Arctica
Bury Tomorrow
Be'lakor
Sirenia
Xandria
Sad Alice Said
The Sorrow
Katatonia
Corrosion of Conformity
Breaking Orbit
Wintersun

Upcoming Gigs: Corrosion of Conformity, Splendour, King Parrot, Anathema

MetalFan88's picture

Lamb of God, Gojira, Devin Townsend Project and Machine Head were all on SW12, so there's no chance of them being on.