Soundwave 2014

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
justsomeclown's picture
Soundwave 2014

2014 is gonna have a tough time matching next yr with Metallica on the bill.. ideally:

ACDC
Rage Against the Machine
Motley Crue
Foo Fighters
The Misfits
Danzig*
Muse
Avenged Sevenfold
The Mars Volta
Suicidal Tendencies
Opeth
Carcass
Suicide Silence
Three Days Grace
Creed
Cannibal Corpse
Cradle of Filth
Arch Enemy
Celtic Frost
Emperor
Behemoth
Mercyful Fate
Parkway Drive

After putting metallica on the bill for next yr, they now have to top or equal it. Normally RATM can headline any festival, anywhere, but now after putting Metallica on the bill for next yr they gotta top or equal it.

* Noone from misfits plays in danzig these days, and visa versa. Just to avoid confusion. Man, both in one day, that would be sick! And plus Misfits haven't been here in years.

Oflick's picture

I don't think they'll try to top Metallica.

They're running out of headliners, though. Big Day Out has the benefit of not being predominately rock, so it can get away with nearly any headliner (until recently). I don't know who Soundwave will get. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried for Green Day, though from what I hear Green Day are coming out early next year. But all their tour dates have been messed around, so you never know.

topsidesoul's picture

Muse?

Bahahah........this is not the Big Day Out...it is soundwave..sillybuns

Muse?

dynamo's picture

The only way they will be able to get Avenged Sevenfold to play Soundwave is if they are the headliners.

Upcoming Gigs: Soundwave, Iced Earth, Orphaned Land, Shorefest, The Almost, The One Man Show, Arctic Monkeys, Finntroll

SW14: Heaven's Basement, Bowling For Soup, Letlive, 10 Years, Green Day, Alice In Chains, In Hearts Wake, Mutemath, Panic! At The Disco, Filter

dynamo's picture

Actually they can still top this festival by getting smaller bands that don't come to Australia often or have never been here before. I have been to SW this year and last year and i don't care about the headliners at all.

I am already sold for SW 14 just because of the possiblity of the Japanese stage.

Upcoming Gigs: Soundwave, Iced Earth, Orphaned Land, Shorefest, The Almost, The One Man Show, Arctic Monkeys, Finntroll

SW14: Heaven's Basement, Bowling For Soup, Letlive, 10 Years, Green Day, Alice In Chains, In Hearts Wake, Mutemath, Panic! At The Disco, Filter

x_michelle's picture

dynamo wrote:

The only way they will be able to get Avenged Sevenfold to play Soundwave is if they are the headliners.

The only way they would get Avenged Sevenfold is if somehow AJ forgets about how they screwed everyone over for sw2011, and thats not going to happen

michelle 20/f/adelaide Twitter | Lastfm
SW2013: The Blackout, Deaf Havana, Polar Bear Club, Crossfaith, Memphis May Fire, Cancer Bats, The Chariot, Gallows, Fucked Up, Sharks, Sleeping With Sirens, Billy Talent, While She Sleeps, This Is Hell, The Wonder Years, Such Gold, Cerebral Ballzy, Milestones, The Dear Hunter, Motion City Soundtrack, Pierce The Veil, Woe Is Me, Of Mice and Men, A Perfect Circle, Mindless Self Indulgence, Blink-182, Sick Of It All, Bring Me The Horizon
SW2014 Wishlist: FACT, Broadway, Flood of Red, Lower Than Atlantis, iwrestledabearonce, Brigade, Canterbury, Ice Nine Kills, Blitz Kids, Japanese Voyeurs (RIP), ISpyStrangers, Twin Atlantic, At The Drive-In, Brand New, Disco Ensemble, The Human Abstract, A Lot Like Birds, Our Last Night, United Nations, Vanna, Marmozets, Dead Swans, Foxfires, Foxy Shazam, Rolo Tomassi, North Korea, Melt-Banana

justsomeclown's picture

Oh also, The Misfits, and Danzig.

Noone from the misfits plays in Danzig these days, and visa versa, just to avoid confusion about how that would work. And plus, Misfits haven't been here in years.

justsomeclown's picture

A7X couldn't even headline SW revolution if there were another. 2011 SW they bailed cos they refused to do an afternoon slot, they aren't exactly headline-big though.. if they did headline I'd go to their sideshow rather than pay $200 to wait around all day and see a bunch of crappy lesser bands I've never heard of.

Oflick's picture

They could be second or third, but they wouldn't be the main headliner. AJ's been talking about bringing them out for Soundwave 14, so I guess he's over them pulling out in 2011.

Harrishun's picture

Foo Fighters are big enough to consistently sell out their own headlining tours, plus, back when they played Australian festivals, they were mainly affiliated with Big Day Out. They also like to play two and a half hour shows, which is hard to make room for at something like Soundwave (I would think). And, being in no hurry to release a new album, a tour in 2014 seems unlikely.

So, Queens of the Stone Age would fit that slot more comfortably.

As for "beating this year's lineup", AJ has already said on multiple occasions that he doesn't plan on beating this lineup anytime soon.

topsidesoul's picture

The misfits were here six months ago and two years before that.

They performed at tiny venues and tried to recoup from selling Misfits merch.

Nobody noticed, because nobody gives a shit about seeing fat old guys with facepaint wearing fishnet leotards along with the fact Michael Graves is a right wing assclown who makes Dave Mustian sound vaguely intelligent.

/rant....there are nazi bases on the moon!

Dr.Plevil's picture

Harrishun wrote:

Foo Fighters are big enough to consistently sell out their own headlining tours

So are Metallica.

SW14: Rob Zombie, Skindred, Alice In Chains, Sevendust, Living Colour, Korn, Dir En Grey, Dillinger Escape Plan, Megadeth, Volbeat, Mushroomhead, DevilDriver, Stone Temple Pilots, Down, Testament, Gojira, Tesseract, Ill Nino, Five Finger Death Punch, A7X, Newsted, Gwar, Trivium, Alter Bridge, Green Day.

Wish list: Chip on a Stick, Polkadot Cadaver, Knives Out, Twelve Foot Ninja, Ugly Kid Joe, Skunk Anansie, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Soen, Wayne Static/Static-X, Spineshank, Austrian Death Machine, Scum of the Earth.

justsomeclown's picture

Michael Graves hasn't played with them since 2000.

justsomeclown's picture

Yes they are big, but so are Blink and Linkin Park, who any other year would headline without question. The exact same deal as FF

Greg81's picture

Since BDO had Metallica in 2004, this is who they've had headline: Beastie Boys, The White Stripes, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Neil Young, Muse, Tool, Kanye West/Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers. I did wonder where they'd go from Metallica. I wondered where Soundwave could go after Iron Maiden, but System of a Down & Metalllica are a great follow up to that! Maybe a punk band could be the next headline, but no-one is really big enough. But let's not talk about 2014 until 2013 is done, yeah?

lubricated taco's picture

I don't see much chance of Foo Fighters doing SW14 since they're on hiatus now, as for Avenged Sevenfold they wouldn't be headline material. Someone like Rage Against The Machine I think would be a great headliner.
And AJ won't necissarily be aiming to top this year's lineup, it's a one off 10 year anniversary special lineup. After that it goes back to normal but it'll still deliver a good lineup we'd all assume.

Parkway Drive (15/12/12), Big Day Out 2013, SW13 to see list: Metallica, Blink 182, The Offspring, Paramore, Ghost, Slayer, Stone Sour, Anthrax, Dragonforce, Flogging Molly (24/2/13), Bring Me the Horizon/PTV sidewave (26/2/13), KISS and Motley Crue (9/3/13), Tenacious D (12/5/13), Cradle of Filth (TBA).

Harrishun's picture

Dr.Plevil wrote:

Harrishun wrote:

Foo Fighters are big enough to consistently sell out their own headlining tours

So are Metallica.

That's true, silly me. In any case, everything else in my post is relevant. Holding out for them on the SW2014 lineup is...fairly silly.

My 2014 wishlist at this stage is Maximum the Hormone, X Japan, Dir En Grey, Miyavi, Queens of the Stone Age, and as always, Rage Against the Machine. MtH, X, QOTSA or RAtM would guarantee a sale for me.
EDIT: Oh, and how could I forget Tenacious D?

ChuckyFE's picture

topsidesoul wrote:

The misfits were here six months ago and two years before that.

They performed at tiny venues and tried to recoup from selling Misfits merch.

Nobody noticed, because nobody gives a shit about seeing fat old guys with facepaint wearing fishnet leotards along with the fact Michael Graves is a right wing assclown who makes Dave Mustian sound vaguely intelligent.

/rant....there are nazi bases on the moon!

I saw them in December last year, they were fucking awesome. Smaller venues are great, Jerry Only still has a very good stage presence.

InfinteSingularity's picture

Tool could headline, easily

dynamo's picture

Now that Green Day have posposed thier tour dates due to Billy Joe's substance abuse issues. I can see them as possible headliners.

bruce wayne's picture

here`s my wish list for 2014

FANTOMAS
MINISTRY
SKINNY PUPPY
RIGOR MORTIS
VENOM
D.R.I
C.O.C....animosity line up
T.S.O.L
SUICIDAL TENDENCIES
DANZIG
SLAYER...should play every year
SOUNDGARDEN
JUDAS PRIEST .....maybe they can come out of retirement for a short tour

dynamo's picture

Oasis reunion to headline (dreaming)

Oflick's picture

An Oasis reunion would be pretty sweet, though of all the festival's they could play Soundwave is probably the least likely.

Chicken Suit Luke's picture

Apparently, Green Day's postponement of dates still means a headline tour in 2013. Curious to see what headliners we get now

------------------------Luke. 20. Melb ----------------------------AMH Network
2013: Weezer (Blue album), Weezer (Pinkerton), Big Day Out, Blink 182/Vandals/Sharks, Paramore, Soundwave(x5), All Time Low/Polar Bear Club, Ed Sheeran, MSI/TBO/CB, Linkin Park/Stone Sour, TWY/SG/LWL/VTW, Fucked Up/Obrother/The Dear Hunter, KISS/Motley Crue, Future Music, Pushover, Fall Out Boy, Bruce Springsteen, Silverstein, The Kooks, Tegan & Sara, Masketta Fall, Built On Secrets/Sound of Seasons, SITG, AL4W(x2), Guttermouth, Cartel/Lydia, Being as an Ocean, Hit the Lights, Anberlin/The Maine/William Beckett, Rolo Tomassi/Totally Unicorn, BMTH/Crossfaith, Devin Townsend, Yellowcard (ocean avenue), Hits & Pits 2.0, Taylor Swift

Greg81's picture

Soundgarden. New album to tour in support of, capable of being headline-worthy, would draw people who refused to go to BDO this year because of Kanye West. Matt Cameron also plays for Pearl Jam though, so it would depend on them being busy or not too

Dukederpem's picture

i hope at least a few of these bands get put on

Green Day
Megadeth
Motorhead
Rammstein
Tool
Marilyn Manson
Rage Against the Machine
Breaking Benjamin
Janes Addiction
Dream Theater
Escape The Fate
Korn
Tenacious D
Hole
Queens of the Stone Age

Parkway Drive

SW14: Avenged Sevenfold, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Rob Zombie, Megadeth, Korn, Trivium, Down, Devildriver, Five Finger Death Punch, Living Color, Motionless in white, Tesseract, The story so far, Your demise.

Hugojohn23's picture

here is my list for Black veil Brides Asking Alexandria Slipknot

hazgarv's picture

I'm hoping for any of these:

Dream Theater
Opeth
Iron Maiden
Rush
Megadeth
Meshuggah
Lamb Of God
Mastodon
Porcupine Tree
Symphony X
Steel Panther
Tenacious D
Animals As Leaders
Slipknot
Dethklok
Adrenaline Mob

Dream Theater would NEED a full set though.

SW13: Periphery, Stone Sour, Metallica, Ghost, Slayer, Anthrax

Coy Luther Perry III's picture

Serj Tankian
Andrew WK
Rancid
Classics of Love

thanks in advance

Regards,
Luke Perry
xxx

Dave Poodle's picture

Venom